Our teaching method is a bit different comparing to other P.G. courses conducted by Indian universities. We provide full theoretical knowledge plus we spend lot of efforts to groom overall personality and develop technical skill of a student. Sometime we find student who has never used a camera or who never had exposure to computer, or who is not camera friendly or who cant speak proper language. In such cases we have to individually observe and suggest remedies for these. During one year training students learn in following manner. (This pattern may differ from course to course).
- Theory classes – Here teachers will cover all subjects as per syllabus. Classrooms are supported with PA system, Video camera, Laptop with multimedia projector and Overhead projector to facilitate teachers and students.
- Practical classes – Students are exposed to still cameras, video cameras, studio shooting and outdoor shooting from very basic level to advanced level. Every student get enough time to develop his individual skill and practice to render creative work.
- Computer classes – Students start from basic level and slowly develop themselves to work on multimedia applications and progress into advanced level non linear editing software.
- Tutorial classes – In these sessions we want students should freely interact, develop speech, participate in debates, and speak extempore on any topic. They also record on a video/audio tape and check their performance. Several films, documentaries and educational programmes related to course are showed and discussed, so the students can learn by observing TV programmes. This develops self learning process. The tutorial classes also help faculty members to observe individual student for his habits, his personal limitations, and problems and help students to overcome them.
- Monthly assignments – Students individually or in a group work on different monthly assignments which are made compulsory. Students develop confidence in themselves while working on these assignments.
- Monthly tests – Monthly test is conducted towards end of each month. This helps student to revise all portion covered in that month, also students understand their weaknesses; also teacher can individually evaluate and console students for improvement.
- Visit to TV Channels – We send our students very often to different TV channels to participate in Talk shows, Reality shows, Group discussions etc. By participating in these programmes as an audience, students can observe shooting process, understand floor discipline, become environment friendly, and also develop contacts and job opportunities.
- Visit to seminars – Students are given opportunity to participate in different workshops and seminars conducted by other organizations such as, other media colleges, Prasar Bharti, Public Service broadcasting trust (PSBT), British council, American centre, Maxmuller bhavan, India Habitat centre, films division etc.
- Study Tour – Once in a year. Towards end of first semester. During this tour students are made to work 16 hours daily to get feeling to work with TV Channel.
- Training at Doordarshan (for RTVJ, TVP and DRS only).
In second semester, students work for one month in professional environment of Doordarshan.
- Final examination – out of total eight theory papers, first four papers are taken at the end of first semester and remaining four at the end of second semester.
- Practical Test (Concept to screen in 6 hours.) – Students in a group of 5 to 6 are asked to make one video project in total six hours. Topic is given to them only when they come to examination studio. Students have to do research, write script, get it approved, shoot indoor and outdoor, edit on computer with title and music – Everything in just six hours.
- Project Productions – (Different for part time courses MDM, EMD, PHT) - Students in a group have to work on around 5 Video Project Productions in first semester as well as around five projects in second semester. Students will be carrying these projects as their portfolio towards end of the course.
Note: - Media is a creative field and to show creativity we offer enough freedom to students. We want students should participate in all activities organized by department, but in any case we don’t pressurize them. We keep parents informed if we find student is irregular, mischievous, disturbing or when he shows poor performance in monthly test and assignment.