Guidelines for Admission Test
The purpose of Admission test is not to refuse admission but to check your potential to become media personality. By attending this test, you can understand your capabilities to perform. If we find you are not suitable for admission, that means you are likely to find it very difficult to get job in Electronic Media. You should honour our decision, because you are going to spend your hard earned money and whole year, Better save both.
When you ask "how to prepare for admission test?" We reply "better you should come unprepared". We would like to judge you as you are. Following points will guide you about our admission test procedure.
- Interactive Session: (30 mins) We introduce our organization (BVB) and scope of Electronic media. And allow students to ask few questions related to “why one should study at BVB” etc. Towards end of this session, question papers will be given to students.
- Screening of Film: Documentary or small fiction (30 mins), while watching film you should remember important points. Here we would like to check how much do you understand from Television medium.
- Written Test: (2 hrs) In this session following points are included. (You can answer in English or in Hindi)
- You have to answer question related to film shown. (one to two pages).
- You have to translate English into Hindi and Hindi into English (this part is compulsory for RTVJ).
- Visual Reading: The sketch will be provided, you have to look carefully, understand and write meaning and message of the sketch or photograph. (You can write in English or Hindi)
- General Knowledge: There will be around 25 questions, where you have to write very small answer within the space provided (two to four sentences). For Example -
- What do you know about Raj Thakre from Mumbai?
- Press is called as 4th Pillar of democracy. What are the other three?
- What is the full form of AIDS?
- What is D.T.H.?
- Lunch Break: After written test there will be Lunch Break for one hour. Free Lunch will be provided to students in our canteen.
- Audition Test: After Lunch Break students have to appear for small Audition Test where they have to read provided news script in front of the Camera, one page in English and one page in Hindi. Actual Audition test will take only five minutes but you may have to wait 2 to 3 hours for your turn to come. So you should be mentally prepared for that. The purpose of Audition test is to check your physical personality, pronunciation for English and Hindi and your Presentation skill towards camera.
- Screen Test (for EMD and ACT) : Students have to give Screen Test instead of Audition Test. They have to show their performance to Camera. Topic will be given to them during written test.
Your better performance will give you an entry to the course and to the most exciting career. But if you are not lucky enough to get selected, you can still walk in to office and find out about your performance and your weaknesses, and you can improve on them. You have to take prior appointment for this (No enquiry on telephone).
Don't carry any mobile phone.
Keep yourself available from 10 am to 6 pm for this admission test.