Training at Doordarshan
The Department of Film & TV Studies of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan (BVB) is offering full practical training since year 2001. Department has all technical facilities and our students are working confidently in every TV channel. Television industry is very expensive as it needs large investment in video and broadcast equipment. No educational institute in India has technical facilities similar to CPC of Doordarshan or EMPC of I.G.N.O.U. Now we have made this already well organized training programme even better. We approached to Prasar Bharati for organizing practical training in studios of Door Darshan. The C.E.O. of Prasar Bharati has accepted our request, and from 2006 onward the training at Door Darshan has become a regular feature.
- About Prasar Bharati - Prasar Bharati (Broadcasting Corporation of India) is the Public Service Broadcaster in India with Door Darshan (TV) and Akash Vani (Radio) on its two constituents. The objective is to organise and conduct public broadcasting services to inform, educate and entertain people and to ensure balanced development of broadcasting on radio and television.
- About Door Darshan (DD) - Door Darshan a Public Service Broadcaster is a largest terrestrial network in the world. Its network of 1402 terrestrial transmitters covers more than 90.4% of India's Population (Over 1 billion at last count). Door Darshan made a significant contribution to accelerate socioeconomic change, promote national integration and stimulate scientific temper. Being a public service Broadcaster, It strives to carry messages in its programmes on means of population central and family welfare, Agricultural information and knowledge, preservation of environment and ecological balance, highlighting the need for social welfare measures for women, children and less privileged. It also promotes games and sports, and the artistic and cultural heritage of the country.
- About training at Door Darshan - Our programmes in TV Journalism and TV Production offers practical training from very beginning. By end of first semester (December end) students build strong foundation of technical knowledge and understanding of work culture used at TV Studio. The training at Door Darshan will start in second semester. January onward group of around 20 students will be forwarded to Door Darshan for professional level practical training for four weeks. The faculties of Door Darshan and faculties of BVB has jointly prepared an exclusive programme for our students.
At initial stage students wil be briefed by Door Darshan professionals to work on high end machines and they will be exposed to professional work culture practiced at Door Darshan studios. At later stge students in a group of 2 to 3 will be allowed to work in different departments on ongoing projects. This way students will get exposed to Broadcasting System of Professional TV Channel, and develop confidence to work in the field with professionals.
1. Students of fulltime P.G. Diploma Courses only ( RTVJ+TVP+DRS ) will join D.D. Training.
2. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan will forward all students of PG Courses to Doordarshan training. Student have to appear for interview at DD News. Doordarshan has right to select or reject any candidate for training.