Department of Film & TV Studies
Delhi Kendra of Bhavan established Sardar Patel College of Communication and Management in 1975 to offer job oriented courses in the field of Communication and Management. Further, looking at entry of several satellite TV Channels and growing demand of TV professionals, S.P. College in year 2001, started its Department of Film & TV Studies, to provide full time and part time courses in the field of Film, Television and Radio. Today every TV Channel has professionals trained by Bhavan's Department of Film & TV Studies.
Let us summaries facilities available and services offered at Dept. of Film & TV Studies.
- Basic philosophy followed at Bhavan is 'Learning by doing'. Students are made to work on interesting assignments and creative projects. That makes learning very interesting.
- Theory and practical goes hand in hand. By understanding theoretical knowledge, students build strong foundation. While practical exposure make them, technically expert to handle every kind of job.
- Curriculum is Industry oriented, means students learn what is being practiced at TV channels and Film industry.
- Department has expert inhouse faculties plus many visiting faculties of practising industry professionals on its panel.
- Department has all required equipment for practical on camera handling, still photography, sound recording, Non Linear Editing, multi camera online switching etc. Full hand on practice with editing machines, cameras and computers is allowed.
- In tutorial classes students are made to work hard on grooming personality, and developing presentation skill. This makes the person smart and suitable for industry.
- Students visit to TV channels and participate in different TV shows, to develop exposure to media and make new contacts.
- Several interactive sessions with media professionals are organized which helps students to build contacts and get encouragement.
- Monthly assignments to work on real life situations, and face professional hazards, this builds confidence, to work in industry.
- Monthly test to keep student regular in studies and we can monitor his steady progress.
- Periodical skill test to supervise growth of technical capabilities in student.
- Practical test with viva towards end of each semester to judge student's practical skill and professional approach towards work.
- Department has 500 plus titles of Indian and imported books on Photography, Mass Comm., TV Journalism, Production, Computer and General Encyclopedias. Students can borrow these books to study at home. Around 30 different titles of Monthly Print Magazines also Films on DVD & VCDs available for issue.
- Department organizes study tour outside Delhi once in a year, where students are exposed to TV channel kind of work culture, also in a group they work on many projects.
- Students are allowed to borrow practice cameras from department for personal video shooting and still photography at domestic functions.